Rethink Your Drink: Choose water!
Did you know that children have a higher percentage of water in their bodies than adults do – 65 percent by the age of one! The brain has an even higher water content!
Since children spend the majority of their day at school exerting themselves both in the classroom and on the playground, having access to drinking water is a necessity. Water not only provides a healthy alternative to sugary drinks like soda pop, sports drinks and juice boxes, but it plays a starring role in combating obesity and boosting cognitive development and energy levels. With the addition of fluoride, water can also aide in the prevention of cavities.
Your school could be selected to receive:
- One brand new water fountain/bottle filling station (including installation)
- Water bottles for all students and staff
Learn MoreFor more information about increasing accessibility to drinking water in school or about Delta Dental’s Rethink Your Drink campaign, check out the following:
- CDC: Increasing Access to Drinking Water in Schools
- Environmental Protection Agency: Lead in Drinking Water in Schools and Childcare Facilities
- Water First: A Toolkit for Promoting Water Intake in Community Settings
- North Carolina Drinking Water Information
- North Carolina Water Resources Regulations
- North Carolina Drinking Water Act